The 'De Vallei van de Mangelbeek' nature reserve is located between the villages of Heusden and Zolder. Historically, the centres of these villages grew atop two hills. A hike through the Mangelbeek valley takes you past varied landscapes and gives you a chance to discover the nature and history of yesteryear. Sturdy hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Starting point: Domherenhuis, Dekenstraat 39
- Distance: 12.5 km
- Signposting: red triangle
- Not suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs
- Hiking map available at the tourist office and Limburgs Landschap
- The hiking map is only available in Dutch